Cat Stevens - Yusuf

Cat Steven's Concert 05 November 2014
Growing up with my mum listening to Cat Stevens, I love his music and suddenly saw he was doing a tour and only 2 nights in London!!! so I sacrificed Bonfire Night festivities for his concert and took my mum as an early Christmas present for her. It was an amazing gig and he is a true musician, even more amazing was he sounded just like he does on the CD's and yet years have gone by. My secret is that i've never even been to a gig before so this was a pretty big deal and we had amazing seats. Merry Christmas mum. x
Cat Stevens Tour T-Shirt
Peace Train T-Shirt

I bought a ton of merchandise, 2 T-shirt, keyrings, Programme and Poster, got abit carried away. But my love of 70's gear made me get these T-shirt- pretty cool yeah??
One section in the programme really resonated with me :
"Having left the music world in 1979 to rebuild his life and rearrange his priorities, Yusuf had no time for music and it was clear to him that the music business was a pretty wobbly place for a new born soul learning to walk a straighter path. So he hung up his guitar and started to concentrate on his faith and family. As Yusuf explained, ' I just took a break, 'till i knew better if or how music could fit into my new life." The entertainment business is hard, and I often find it hard to keep being myself without being steamrollered by more pushy, hard headed, and ruthless people who are just unkind because they are unhappy. I am happy and I will not change the person I am.

Also I organised my mum to stay at Number Sixteen in South Kensington: mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/number-sixteen
 It was the smallest room and cost £180 but it was so worth it, mum had an amazing time and the location couldn't be more perfect; right by the V&A and other museums, easy for the tubes and shopping on the Kings Road and Kensington High Street, and just the most beautiful street with such friendly and helpful staff.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erwin Blumenfeld Exhibition at Somerset House

Cystic Fibrosis