Pregnancy Yoga

Yoga has helped so much with pregnancy and I couldn't recommend it enough.
Beginning at 16 weeks I felt so underconfidant going in to class with lots of women with huge bumps and mine being almost unrecognisable.
At first it felt nothing like normal yoga classes, just gentle stretches, no downward dogs or salutations,and it honestly it felt really pointless. So I stepped up going during the 2nd trimester and was going 3-4 times a week and slowly I noticed different things:

  • It is really nice to see other bump sizes and how many weeks women are
  • the chat sessions before with questions being answered is really helpful, its nice to hear other people's aches and pains and its good to know how to combat them or it just makes you feel good as you might not have any of them!
  • my back ache went and any aches soon go after a yoga session
  • you pick up loads of breathing tips to help with labour and different ways to hold your baby 
  • learning about your pelvis and anatomy to better understand the huge transformation your body is going through

I am now only going once a week as since hitting 35 weeks my mind feels the same and wants me to walk and swim etc my body is saying no way! and i'm feeling way more exhausted more like the 1st trimester tiredness.

So good luck anyone and I hope you enjoy your yoga practice.

ps I have been attending triyoga classes, they have centre's in Chelsea, Camden and Soho triyoga.co.uk/pregnancy-yoga-2

Also some people chose to wear tight tops and bottoms or loose baggy clothes, only the odd woman is super skinny and just have a really comfortable sports bra, I have gone through 3 so far as my breasts are growing bigger and bigger!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erwin Blumenfeld Exhibition at Somerset House

Cystic Fibrosis